Are you part of the fortunate few who got their hands on the new iPhone X or iPhone 8? If yes, then you know you’re going to need to transfer all your data from your old phone to your new phone. There is no need to head to your local Apple store for assistance. You are fully capable of handling this task yourself. Although there are a few ways to do this, we will walk you through transferring your data using your iCloud account. You can easily transfer iPhone data using this straightforward, step-by-step guide brought to you by the team at CPR Cell Phone Repair. Let’s get started!
Easy Steps to Transfer iPhone Data via iCloud
Set up your new device and transfer iPhone data by executing a backup of your old iOS gadget.
Perform an iCloud Backup
- First, connect your device to Wi-Fi.
- Then, open your Settings > Your Name > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Ensure your iCloud Backup is activated.
- Click Back Up Now to make sure your up-to-date data is safely stored.
Transfer Your SIM Card
Does your new iPhone require a SIM card? Then you can just transfer the SIM card from your old phone to your new one. If you don’t have a SIM card but need one for your new device, contact your cell phone carrier to discuss how to go about getting one. If you’re not sure how to remove your SIM card, follow these directions via Apple Support. You will learn how to locate, remove and connect your SIM card to your new device.
Install Your iCloud Backup
- First, turn on your new iPhone. You will see a “Hello” screen appear.
- Continue through the steps until you reach the Wi-Fi selection screen.
- Choose a Wi-Fi network to join, and go through the steps until you reach Apps & Data, then hit Restore from iCloud Backup.
- You will have to sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and password.
- Next, select a backup that is the most recent date so you transfer any photos, music or apps you may have downloaded lately.
- Wait for the restoring process to complete, and then you can finish the remainder of the setup steps.
Note: During this process, you want to stay connected to Wi-Fi and make sure you keep your device plugged in even after you set it up. This way, all your apps, photos, and music that are stored in iCloud can automatically download to your new iPhone.
We trust this guide was easy to follow and you are all set to use your new device! To transfer your iPhone data a different way, view these instructions by Apple Support. If you need additional assistance or are struggling with device issues, let the experts at CPR Cell Phone Repair handle your troubles. Stop into a CPR location to receive fast, affordable, and efficient repair services. Find a CPR Cell Phone Repair nearest you!