Conquering Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Replacement
The Samsung Galaxy S4, the latest model of Samsung smartphones, boasts a lot “under the hood” in a manner of speaking. So it’s not all that surprising that the LCD screen also packs a punch. Its fast processor is matched only by its vivid screen, which makes the photos taken by the camera that much more impressive. From the Samsung Galaxy S3 to the S4, the screen size was enlarged to 5 inches of full HD resolution. The Super AMOLED HD screen topped the contenders in 2013 and still impresses users today.
For a phone that is now over a year old, it also maintains a compact and solid design amongst the most popular recent models. But that doesn’t mean it’s faultless or damage-proof. One aggressive finger swipe combined with a loose grip on the handset could end in the phone lying shattered on the concrete. If this happens to you and you feel the tears well up in your eyes, remember that you have options for Samsung Galaxy S4 screen replacement!
Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Replacement Parts
Depending on the circumstances and how extensive the damage is to your S4 cracked screen (and beyond), your device will require different replacement parts. The glass itself may be cracked, but is the LCD display damaged? What about the 2MP camera that you use for video calls or the other front-facing sensors? The chances are good that whatever accident befell your device will cause you to need more than just screen repair.
You may be able to determine what replacement parts will be necessary, and that’s the first step if you want to DIY (see below). But a great alternative is to seek a free assessment and estimate from Cell Phone Repair. Let the experts figure out just which Samsung Galaxy S4 repairs are needed, and then decide which repair option to take from there.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Repair Options:
Geek Squad Repair Service
Depending on the type and extent of damage, the Galaxy S4 Active screen replacement may cost you up to $200. Geek Squad aims for a 48 hour in-store turnaround time. But Carphone Warehouse and other affiliates can take up to two weeks.
CPR Cell Phone Repair Service
CPR Cell Phone Repair can repair or replace your screen without the hassle. CPR also offers a limited lifetime warranty on all parts and labor associated with your repair. Each CPR store keeps common parts on hand, ensuring the fastest turnaround possible (usually within a single day). If there is not a store near you, CPR also offers a mail-in option.
The cost of Galaxy S4 LCD screen replacement at CPR stores will also vary by the type of malfunction or damage. However, a free and upfront estimate will set your mind at ease.
How to Replace Samsung Galaxy S4 Screen Yourself
Initially, the price may be the largest factor when determining how to replace a Samsung Galaxy S4 screen. That is why many users choose to DIY. But before you get out your heatgun, make note that any prior warranty will be rendered void when you do so. And the technical aspects of the repair may result in further damage if you do not understand fully what you are doing.
With that in mind, if you decide to DIY, here’s how to replace Samsung Galaxy S4 glass:
- Power off the phone.
- Remove back plate using your fingernail (or a spudger if need be).
- Pop the battery out in the same way, using a fingernail or spudger.
- If your device has a SIM card, press it inward and then release to eject.
- Using a heatgun on the lowest setting or a blow dryer, heat up the front face (the glass side). Wave the heatgun or dryer in circular motions a few inches from the phone to melt the adhesive that holds the glass on. Be careful not to heat the phone up too much or you can damage the digitizer. If you start to see discoloration, cease the heat immediately. Three to five minutes should suffice.
- Starting at the top and working your way around, separate the glass from the phone with a plastic spudger. Add heat where necessary.
- Place plastic pics in the separated edges. Go slowly as you pry or you could shatter the glass further. To protect yourself, wear safety goggles and layer a few pieces of packing tape over the screen to keep it together.
- Be careful near the two touch buttons on the bottom of the phone. They need to be removed prior to lifting the glass.
- Once the glass is lifted, you’ll be left with the adhesive residue on the digitizer. Clean with lens cleaner, a lint-free cloth or wipe, and patience.
- Place the new adhesive around the edges of the device or use LOCA glue. Place the new glass on the adhesive.
- Replace the SIM card and battery.
- Turn your device back on and voila!
The Samsung Galaxy S4 was classified as a user’s “life companion,” one that would simplify life’s daily tasks – from monitoring health and wellness to organizing your schedule. But even a life companion can topple from a bump in the road. And when your smartphone does topple and you need Samsung Galaxy S4 screen repair, Cell Phone Repair can help. The professional repair services at any of the hundreds of CPR locations is cheaper than other professional repair stores and faster and safer than if you DIY. Not to mention that the work and parts come with a limited lifetime warranty.
What are you waiting for? Contact CPR today!