MacBook Pro Screen Replacement
With each model of Apple’s MacBook computer series that is released, components of the device change. And thus, so do the repair services. The same is true of other leading brands, which can be frustrating for consumers. But never fear – CPR Cell Phone Repair is here to help! In this article, we’ll discuss how to replace screens on MacBook Pro models.
MacBook Screen Replacement Cost
Depending on the generation of MacBook Pro you own, the cost of replacing the screen could differ drastically. Research your MacBook Pro repair options to find the solution that best fits your budget.
Official Apple Store Cost
If you encounter a cracked screen that needs to be replaced on your MacBook Pro, you may be inclined to head straight to the closest official Apple Store. And while the Apple experts obviously know what they are doing, be prepared to pay a pretty penny. If you purchased AppleCare+ for your MacBook Pro, then you are covered for “up to two incidents of accidental damage.” With an average $99 service fee, cracked screens can be relatively affordable. Screens with liquid damage, on the other hand, will cost $299.
If your initial warranty expired and you failed to purchase AppleCare+, brace yourself for a screen replacement cost upwards of $500.
Think you’re adept enough to tackle a MacBook Pro screen replacement yourself? There are some DIY kits available for purchase from third-party providers. However, if you over-estimate your dexterousness, you could end up inflicting more damage on your device, costing you more in the long run.
But if you’re ready to give it a go, these MacBook Pro screen replacement kits can be found on Amazon, eBay, and other retailers and run from $40-$100, depending on the seller. They should include all tools and parts necessary to complete the replacement.
CPR Cell Phone Repair Cost
At CPR Cell Phone Repair stores, the price for MacBook Pro screen replacements will vary slightly, depending on the size and generation of your device. But most CPR locations are servicing MacBook Pro screen replacements for about $99.99. In addition to providing superior service and premium parts, our work is backed by a limited lifetime warranty, and we offer free, no-commitment estimates on repair costs.
How to Replace Your MacBook Pro Screen – DIY Guide
Ready to try and tackle a MacBook Pro screen replacement yourself? Then clear off a workspace, gather your tools, and follow this step-by-step guide from the expert technicians at CPR.
- Hair Dryer
- Suction Handle
- Microfiber Cloth
- New MacBook Pro screen
- Using a hairdryer, carefully heat the edges of the screen to remove the adhesive binding it to the device.
- Next, gently affix the suction cup tool to the corner of the screen, pressing down until it seals.
- Pull up on the ring of the suction handle to lift the screen away from the body of the computer.
- Then, use your microfiber cloth to wipe down your screen’s surface, as well as the inside of the new screen you are applying.
- Prepare your new screen by removing the coverings of the adhesive strips.
- With your hairdryer, heat the adhesive strips as evenly as possible on your new screen.
- Position the new screen atop your MacBook Pro, properly aligning it along the edges of the device.
- Gingerly press down on the edges of the screen using your microfiber cleaning cloth to seal the adhesive.
- Remove the protective cover of the new screen by peeling it off.
- Finally, secure the adhesive by reheating the edges of the screen with your hairdryer, and then pressing down one last time.
There you have it! If you’ve followed these steps correctly, your new screen should be fastened in place.
How to Avoid a MacBook Cracked Screen
Your best bet when it comes to MacBook Pro screen repairs is to avoid needing one at all. Protect your laptop from cracked screens, as well as dings, scrapes, and scratches, by purchasing a computer case and screen protector. Check out the inventory at the CPR store nearest you for a wide variety of products to protect your MacBook Pro.
MacBook Pro screen repairs should be handled by a certified professional, so don’t hesitate to contact your local CPR today! If there’s not a CPR Cell Phone Repair store near you, use our easy and convenient mail-in repair service!