iPhone SE Screen Replacement
If you love the iPhone SE as much we do, there’s no way that you’re going to let a cracked screen compromise the usability of your device. When you need solutions to your iPhone SE display problems, utilize CPR’s iPhone SE Screen Replacement & Repair Guide. CPR is here to provide information on everything from repair options and costs to free estimates and do-it-yourself repair instructions.
iPhone SE Screen Replacement Cost
iPhone SE screen replacement cost will vary depending on where you take the device, whether the device is under warranty, and the extent of damage to your device. To save you time and money, we have compiled a list of the best repair services at affordable prices. Note: All costs are based on spring 2017 pricing.
If your iPhone SE is covered under AppleCare+, you’re in luck! An iPhone SE glass replacement under warranty is only $29. However, accidental damage is not covered under AppleCare+, which means most screen replacements performed by Apple will be out-of-warranty repairs. At this time, the price for an out-of-warranty iPhone SE screen repair is $129.99.
CPR Cell Phone Repair
While prices fluctuate based on new phone releases, a majority of CPR Cell Phone Repair stores are performing iPhone SE screen repairs for approximately $99.99. In addition to professional services, CPR offers same day repairs, free estimates, and a limited lifetime warranty on all parts and workmanship associated with your repair. It’s hard to beat a deal like that!
iPhone SE Screen Replacement Kit
If you’re feeling brave, you might consider buying a DIY iPhone SE screen replacement kit. Although DIY repairs are riskier, they are often a less expensive repair option. There are a number of online retailers that sell complete kits that include all of the tools and replacement parts needed to complete the repair. Consider the following replacement kits if you’re in need of both tools and parts:
- iPhone SE Screen Replacement Kit Price at iCracked – $59.99
- iPhone SE Screen Price at Amazon (tools included) – $54.99
If you already have the repair tools and only need to purchase the screen, we recommend the following option:
- iPhone SE Screen Price at iFixIt – $59.95
How to Replace iPhone SE Screen – DIY
Because iPhone SE screen replacement is a moderately difficult repair, we highly recommend you utilize a professional repair service. However, if your attention to detail is impeccable and you’re properly equipped with replacement parts and repair tools, follow the step-by-step instructions below to perform an iPhone SE screen repair like a pro!
Tools and Parts Required for Repair:
- Phillips #000 screwdriver
- Replacement iPhone SE screen
- Power down your iPhone SE.
- Place packing tape over the cracked screen to prevent the glass from cracking more or cutting your fingers.
- Unscrew the screws on either side of your charging port.
- Place your iPhone SE between the suction cups of your iSclack. Center the suction cups on either side of the screen and open the handles of the iSclack to firmly suctioning the cups to the screen.
- Close the handles of the iSclack to release the suction and pull the front panel away from the back case. If the front panel is not lifting up, you may need to use a plastic spudger or opening tool. Gently insert the prying tool below the home button. NOTE: Do not lift front panel all the way up as there are several ribbon cables connected to it.
- Once the front panel is raised just enough to see the ribbon cables, use your tweezers or spudger to carefully push up and remove the metal bracket to reveal the home button cable. NOTE: Be very careful when handling the home button cable. If the cable is damaged, the home button may function when transferred to the new device, but the Touch ID will not.
- Using your spudger, gently remove the home button cable from its socket.
- Now that the front assembly is free of cables, you may open the device completely, leaving the front assembly hinged at a 90-degree angle.
- Locate the battery connector bracket that is secured to the logic board with two screws. Remove the two screws.
- Remove the battery connector bracket.
- Using the angled edge of the spudger, carefully remove the battery connector from its socket.
- Remove the four screws that are fastening the front display cable bracket to the logic board. NOTE: Keep track of which screw came out of which hole as they are different sizes.
- Remove the front display cable bracket.
- Disconnect the front camera ad sensor cable using the angled edge of the spudger.
- Disconnect the LCD cable connector.
- Detach the digitizer cable.
- Detach the front assembly completely from the back of the phone.
- On the front display, locate the home button. Remove the screw that is securing the home button cable.
- Move the home button cable out of the way so you can see the two screws holding the home button bracket in place. Remove these two screws.
- Extract the home button bracket.
- Carefully wedge the spudger beneath the home button cable to separate it from the front display.
- Cautiously push the home button away from the front panel, keeping in mind you may need to remove the packing tape from the front of the phone. NOTE: If the button is not budging, apply heart and attempt again.
- Using the spudger, pry the home button completely off of the display.
- Follow steps 3-23 in reverse order to install the new iPhone SE screen. NOTE: Be mindful to properly transfer and reconnect all of the cables and brackets to ensure proper installation.
If this repair seems too complex or you’re simply too busy, depend on your local CPR Cell Phone Repair store. If there are no options for iPhone SE screen replacement near you, don’t sweat it! CPR offers mail-in repair services. Simply contact the CPR store nearest you to learn more.
And remember, the best way to avoid future iPhone SE screen damage is protection! While you’re at your local CPR store, be sure to browse our wide variety of iPhone SE tempered glass and cases by OtterBox, LifeProof, Mophie and more.