Shattering a phone screen can be stressful and leave you unsure of what to do next. To help make your decision process a bit easier, we’ve done the research for you on how you can go about repairing your phone. Follow these guidelines for your options when tackling a Samsung Galaxy S6 screen replacement.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Screen Replacement Cost
The cost of a Samsung Galaxy S6 screen replacement will vary depending on which repair service you choose. Cost will also depend on how badly damaged your phone is, and whether or not your phone is protected under warranty. To help you choose a repair option, consider the costs of the following vendors.
Official Samsung Service
Samsung provides all of its customers with a standard one-year warranty upon the purchase of their phone. If you’re still within your first year of ownership, the Galaxy S6 screen replacement is free. However, this free repair is only covered once per Samsung’s allowance of one instance of accidental damage.
If your phone is no longer under Samsung’s warranty, the cost will depend on how badly damaged your phone is. The baseline cost for an S6 LCD repair is around $199 plus shipping costs when sent to an official Samsung service center.
Genius Phone Repair
Taking your phone to a third party vendor will almost always be cheaper than Samsung. Genius Phone Repair offers a lower price than Samsung, but not by much. A Galaxy S6 screen repair from Genius Phone Repair costs $184.00. However, if your touchscreen is not working as well (meaning your LCD is damaged), then the repair price jumps to $224.99. This option may be faster than an official Samsung repair, but the convenience will cost you in the long run.
CPR Cell Phone Repair Service
CPR services are always fast and affordable. To make the process more transparent, we offer free estimates on the damage before we even begin to work on your phone! We offer walk-ins at all of our locations, meaning your Galaxy S6 screen replacement could be completed within one business day. If walk-ins don’t work for your schedule, we offer mail-in repair services as well. All of our repairs include a limited lifetime warranty to ensure your phone is always in good hands.
How to Replace Samsung Galaxy S6 Screen – DIY Guide
One last option for your Galaxy S6 screen repair is to replace it yourself. Before you begin your repair, please note that working on your device will terminate your existing warranty under Samsung. If you still wish to perform the replacement yourself, follow CPR’s Samsung Galaxy S6 Screen Repair DIY Guide here:
- Turn your phone off.
- If the glass screen is shattered, apply a layer of packing tape to keep the glass from deteriorating further.
- Insert and press your eject tool into the SIM card try button and remove your SIM card. If you don’t have an eject tool, a paperclip will work fine.
- Place your phone face down and evenly apply heat with a heat gun or blow dryer to soften the adhesive around the glass. Be careful not to apply too much heat, moving the heat gun or blow dryer in circular motions.
- Using a suction cup and a pick, simultaneously pull the rear glass up slightly and wedge the pick in the created opening.
- Move the pick around all of the edges of the panel.
- Now that the rear glass is loose, remove it from the midframe.
- Remove the excess adhesive and unscrew the thirteen 3.5mm Phillips #00 screws on the midframe and take it off. You may need to use picks to help. Once removed, set aside.
- Using a spudger, disengage the battery from its link to the motherboard.
- Completely remove the battery by inserting the pick between it and the case.
- Disconnect the Wifi and Bluetooth cables from the motherboard with the spudger.
- Detach the home button, display, and earpiece speaker connections from the motherboard using the same technique in the previous step with the spudger.
- Lift the motherboard from the camera side to remove it from the motherboard completely.
- Remove the daughterboard ribbon from the motherboard.
- Finally, take your new S6 screen and place it in the spot of your cracked screen assembly part.
- Rebuild your Galaxy S6 following these same steps in reverse.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Glass Screen Protectors
Cracking a phone screen is frustrating enough the first time around. Prevent future mishaps and guard your phone with some protective measures.
Tempered Glass Protectors
These protectors fit right on top of your Galaxy S6 to provide protection that doesn’t compromise the appearance of your phone. Most brands are dust and fingerprint resistant, to keep the sleek design of your phone intact. Tempered glass has a thin design, so the touch response on your screen won’t be affected either. You can get a glass protector for about $8 in most stores as well as online sites.
If you would like to go the safest route, we recommend using a phone case. You can pick up one to use in conjunction with a screen protector, or one that is all encompassing. One of the most versatile phone cases is the LifeProof Galaxy S6 case. LifeProof cases protect your phone from water damage, drops, dust, and have a sleek build. This is a great option if you’re concerned about more severe damages.
If you’ve decided to enlist assistance with your Samsung Galaxy S6 repair, CPR is here to save your mobile life! Whether you need a screen repair or just want to browse our protective accessories to prevent future damage, find a CPR location near you. Stop in to your nearest CPR store, visit us online, or give us a call for a free diagnosis and estimate.